[Xymon] xymon client in 'local' mode, build pain

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 10 22:19:27 CET 2014

Den 10-02-2014 20:10, Novosielski, Ryan skrev:
> On 02/10/2014 01:24 PM, Henrik Størner wrote:
>> Den 10-02-2014 16:01, Novosielski, Ryan skrev:
>>> I am pretty sure I've seen reports on the list that this build
>>> simply doesn't work, even on Linux.
>>
>> Have you tried?
>>
>> At least on my Debian box - minimal installation - it builds
>> without any problems.
>
> I'll admit I have not tried -- we're talking specifically about the
> client-side configuration option, right, not the client-only build?

My apologies, I was a bit hot-headed there. You are right - the
"client-only / client-side configuration" build is broken. In several
places, actually.

The attached diff against 4.3.16 works here, I have committed it for
4.3.17 if I need to do such a release.

John, I think this should also resolve the problems you've been having
getting a client built the way you tried. To apply it, save the attached
file somewhere, then go to the xymon-4.3.16 directory and run "cat
/tmp/clientbuild.diff | patch -p0". And if there is a Makefile already
(i.e. if you have previously run 'configure' there), please delete it
and start with "./configure --client" again.