[Xymon] Proper method to upgrade

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Feb 5 22:13:18 CET 2014

> On Wed, February 5, 2014 10:11 am, Michael Resnick wrote:
>> I have Xymon 4.3.11 installed and would like to move to 4.3.15, but I do
>> not see any upgrade doc.
>> What is the proper method to do an upgrade from source ?
>>
>> Do I uninstall the previous and install the new version?
>> Should I just install the new over the old version, using the same
>> config
>> options ?
>>
>> Best practices would be appreciated, since this is a Production
>> environment.  Centos 5.4 64 bit.
>>

> If it's EL5 you're using the RPMs on Terabithia, it's safe to do an update
> using rpm -U (or yum update). If it was a custom compile/tarball, I'd
> suggest a backup copy of your server directory and then a diff of the
> relevant config files to note any new/missing defaults (eg, the IMAGETYPE
> variables for non-gif icons).
>
> Your data directories wouldn't need any modifications between 4.3.11 and
> 4.3.15 I don't think.
>

> HTH,
>
> -jc

Just wondering...when can/should we start looking for 4.3.15 packages on
terabithia.org? The latest that I see, to this point, are for 4.3.13.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1