[Xymon] Additional Client messages

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Feb 3 02:34:39 CET 2014

On 31 January 2014 21:04, <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> The 'collector ID' is used by Xymon to choose which module is used to
> process the data. So if you change the collector ID, then the data will be
> ignored by xymond_client.
>
> Try sending the data with the normal collector ID (blank), and I think
> that should work fine.

I would have thought the new client message (with only the [ps] section)
would completely replace the client data from xymonclient.sh. So for at
least some of the time, the client data would contain only a [ps] section.

I suppose that might not be a problem in most cases.  But if Andy clicks on
"client data" he will get only a [ps] section 80% of the time, on average.

Cheers
Jeremy