[Xymon] Ignore and trigger in client-local.cfg

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Feb 2 17:28:16 CET 2014

Den 29-01-2014 13:36, Johan Karlsson skrev:

> First, is it at all possible to specify a trigger on things we want
> to pick up, and discard everything else with a "catch all" ignore
> expression?

I thought so, but looking at the code I can see that the 'ignore' lines
are processed first. So you have to setup your ignore-lines so they
won't discard the important data.

But if you list the trigger patterns, then those should always be
included in the log data - unless they are also matched by 'ignore'. So
you could get away without any 'ignore' patterns, and just the 'trigger'
patterns to make sure you do get those important lines.