[Xymon] analysis.cfg checks failing

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 01:59:04 CET 2014

Hi John

HOST=foo
        PROC   /usr/bin/mysql           1 -1 red

No = in the PROC line.

>From the top comments in analysis.cfg
#
*PROC processname minimumcount maximumcount color [TRACK=id]
[TEXT=displaytext]*#             The "ps" listing sent by the client will
be scanned for how many
#             processes containing "processname" are running, and this is
then
#             matched against the min/max settings defined here. If the
running
#             count is outside the thresholds, the color of the "procs"
status
#             changes to "color".
#             To check for a process that must NOT be running: Set minimum
and
#             maximum to 0.
#
#             "processname" can be a simple string, in which case this
string must
#             show up in the "ps" listing as a command. The scanner will
find
#             a ps-listing of e.g. "/usr/sbin/cron" if you only specify
"processname"
#             as "cron".
#             "processname" can also be a Perl-compatiable regular
expression, e.g.
#             "%java.*inst[0123]" can be used to find entries in the
ps-listing for
#             "java -Xmx512m inst2" and "java -Xmx256 inst3". In that case,
#             "processname" must begin with "%" followed by the
reg.expression.
#             If "processname" contains whitespace (blanks or TAB), you
must enclose
#             the full string in double quotes - including the "%" if you
use regular
#             expression matching. E.g.
#                 PROC "%hobbitd_channel --channel=data.*hobbitd_rrd" 1 1
yellow
#             or
#                 PROC "java -DCLASSPATH=/opt/java/lib" 2 5
Regards
Vernon