[Xymon] how to learn what is crashing my rrd handler?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Aug 26 20:04:31 CEST 2014

I'm having difficulty with my RRD handlers crashing and leaving gaps in
my databases.

I mentioned this back in April, 2014 but received no responses:
http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2014-April/039547.html

Since that time, I stumbled across a client which was occasionally
sending me empty messages of the "data" type. When I stopped that
behavior, the behavior was corrected. The behavior has returned and I am
not able to figure out how to find the cause.

I _suspect_ it is another client sending me empty messages, but how do I
find it now that I have several hundred clients sending "data" messages?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration