[Xymon] Monitoring multiple values

David Welker dewelker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:22:15 CEST 2014

This sounded like a great idea, so I got the status showing up via the
extra-scripts option, but the info on the data message is a little vague.
 According to the example, I just echo the DS statements, then the dataset
name on a line by itself, followed by the data for one dataset on a line by
itself, which doesn't seem to do anything in the way of creating any of the
multiple rrds I need, nor does it address the time consideration for
multple values (I need to insert 5 values a minute apart  from 5 mins.
before putting them into the rrd - I know this can be done with the rrdtool
update command, but can it be done here somehow?)  Anybody have an example
of a multi-dataset case being run via the extra-scripts option of the
xymond_rrd they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!
David