[Xymon] xymon-rclient.sh

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Aug 1 04:21:04 CEST 2014

On 1 August 2014 10:45, Root, Paul T <Paul.Root at centurylink.com> wrote:

> Yes. The xymon-rclient script scp’s the proper script from ~/client/bin to
> the client and runs it.

Actually, that's not correct.  It uses "ssh" (or rsh, or whatever you want
to give it) to run a shell, then pipes the contents of the
xymonclient-freebsd.sh file into the pipe.  Essentially like this:

$ cat /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/xymonclient-freebsd.sh | ssh -T -i
path/to/keyfile hostname

and the output is saved into a temporary file to be fed into $XYMON $XYMSRV
"@", but prefixed with a "client" message header.

If you run that "cat ..." command manually it should give you client data
as its output.  Try it and see.

If it works, then xymon-rclient should also work and might have a bug.  If
this doesn't work, then we can reproduce the problem outside of
xymon-rclient and it will be easier to work on.

I wonder if it's to do with the shell on the FreeNAS.  If it's a
non-standard shell, you might need to force a shell in the ssh parameters,
with something like:

cmd(ssh -T -i /home/xymon/.ssh/xymon-rclient root@%{H}
/bin/bash),ostype(freebsd)