[Xymon] PostgreSQL 8.4 Monitoring using hobbit-plugins

Dernier Rondón darc7983 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:12:56 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm running Xymon 4.3.12 under GNU/Linux Debian Wheezy 7.4 Kernel 3.2.51-1
x86_64 GNU/Linux.

I want to monitor the PostgreSQL database using hobbit -plugins , I
installed the required dependency graph to query for PostgreSQL " libdbd
-pg- perl" .

Running the script ( from the client ) that is in the path
"/usr/lib/hobbit/client/ext" I noticed that if you run queries fine, I
noticed that within the script postgres say :

You must also activate Postgresql statistics. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/monitoring-locks.html for
how to enable this. Specifically, the following lines must exist in your
postgresql.conf:

stats_start_collector = true
stats_block_level = true

But is that true for PostgreSQL 8.1 to 8.3 , I checked on the official
website of PostgreSQL and I changed the way to get the graphics for the
following :

track_activities = on
track_counts = on
track_functions = all

Now I modified "/etc/hobbit/clientlaunch.d/postgres.cfg" being :

  [ postgres ]
        # DISABLED
          ENVFILE / etc / hobbit / hobbitclient.cfg
          CMD $ HOBBITCLIENTHOME / ext / postgres
          LOGFILE /var/log/xymon/hobbitclient.log
          INTERVAL 5m

Although the graphics do not turn on anything.

Hope you can help me .

--
Dernier Rondón
Linux Counter reg# 473239