[Xymon] CLIENT and/or COMMENT in email alert

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Sep 30 03:47:45 CEST 2013

On 27 September 2013 21:03, Charles Phillips <cphillips.ia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to add the CLIENT or COMMENT tag of a host to the email
> alert?

I suspect that it's not possible without using a SCRIPT to generate the
email.  You could use xymongrep to pull out the hosts.cfg entry and parse
it for values for CLIENT and COMMENT.

Probably easier to parse the output of the "hostinfo" command for xymon,
like so:

$XYMON $XYMSRV 'hostinfo host=my.host.name'

Or use "xymondboard" to query and ask for the fields XMH_CLIENTALIAS
(CLIENT) and XMH_COMMENT, like so:

$XYMON $XYMSRV 'xymondboard
host=my.host.namefields=hostname,XMH_COMMENT,XMH_CLIENTALIAS' | head
-1