[Xymon] calculation of memory and swap

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Sep 20 03:06:23 CEST 2013

On 19 September 2013 17:38, Rolf Schrittenlocher <
schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> My idea is that values larger than 10 Gb are calculated the wrong way
> (because all zones using total memory less than 10 Gb are presented
> correctly). But I cannot find the place to fix this. Any ideas or hints?

Perhaps it's not a special case for >10G, but perhaps it's an overflow at
8G, so that anything larger than that goes negative.  I'm guessing 8G
(rather than 10G) would be the threshold, as it's a power of two.  Are you
able to reduce the zone's RAM allocation to a little greater, and then a
little less than 8G to see if this is the case?  Or do you have examples of
correctly displayed values greater than 8G and less that 10G?  By 8G, I
mean exactly 2^33=8589934592 (or perhaps one less).