[Xymon] RECOVERED notification

bb4 at richter-it.net bb4 at richter-it.net
Mon Sep 9 08:46:37 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

I am running XYmon 4.3.12 (self compiled) on a RHEL 6.3 and have a question
about the behaviour of sending "RECOVERED" messages.
I've been forced to send SNMP traps of alerts to a Patrol console and of course
they also want to have "RECOVERED" messages to close these alerts automatically.
But now I've seen in my logs that if someone disables a test that has an alert
another alert trap is being sent out instead of a "RECOVERED" trap.
I.e. I have a server that has an alert in msgs an red alert is sent to Patrol
and the responsible admin is called. He sets the state of msgs to blue for a
certain time and another red alert is sent to Patrol instead of a green trap
saying everything back to normal.
Is this an expected behaviour?
I thought even blue would trigger a recovery message since I have the following
lines in my xymonserver.cfg:

ALERTCOLORS="red,yellow,purple"                 # Colors that may trigger an
alert message
OKCOLORS="green,blue,clear"                     # Colors that may trigger a
recovery message

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Torsten