[Xymon] [xymon] combostatus --quiet bug?

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Tue Oct 15 04:09:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

It would appear that when you add the --quiet option to combostatus like such:

[combostatus]
  ENVFILE /home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
  NEEDS xymond
  CMD $XYMONHOME/bin/combostatus --quiet
  LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/combostatus.log
  INTERVAL 5m

It removes all the combostatus information from the alert page, to include all the colored status gifs and resultant lines of host.service?  I was expecting it to just remove the Boolean expression at the top of the page under the timestamp?  Perhaps I am not reading the man page correctly?

       --quiet
              Normally,  the  test  status sent by combostatus includes information about the underlying test results used to determine the current value of the combined test. "--quiet" eliminates this information from the test status page.

Running the latest version of Xymon 4.3.12 on RHEL 6.4.

If you get something other than what I have described please let me know?  Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

~David