[Xymon] Wildcard/regexes for hostnames in client-local.cfg

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Oct 4 22:51:00 CEST 2013

You can do that in analysis.cfg, but unfortunately not in
client-local.cfg. Client-local is doing simple textual matching first on
hostname, then hostclass, then hostos.

For analysis.cfg (and alerts.cfg), you'd use PCRE strings in a HOST= line,
like:

              HOST=%db.*.foo.com TIME=W:0800:1600
                   LOAD 8.0 12.0
                   DISK /db  98 100