[Xymon] Metrics reports on red/yellow duration? Unacked? Splunk?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 16:42:14 CET 2013

Belatedly - what I'm thinking about is how to get metrics reports, over the
organization, for example "average time to ack yellows" or "time from ack
to resolution"

I see that the data about color changes is in $XYMONHOME/data/hist stored
by host-test , and the data about acks is in $XYMONHOME/log/acknowledge.log
so I'm thinking we can put that together with splunk.

Alternately, the board knows about color and acktime, so it's possible to
get realtime stats as below ("this alert has been yellow for N minutes")
but there's nothing to put that together over time, which is why I'm
thinking splunk

It would be great if xymon's built-in reports knew about "ACK". we've very
ack-driven around here