[Xymon] Monitoring a specific word

Razeen Brown salahudin911 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:28:00 CET 2013

Good day,

Can someone please explain how I can set up my Xymon app to monitor
specific words or phrases on a web page? We have our system set up to
monitor the availability of web sites and Xymon works as expected to alert
us if a page is down via emails and sms's. The problem is that we need to
also be alerted to an error output on web pages, for instance, if a page
should display the status of an application, that would normally read
“SUCCESSFUL”, but in the instance that app breaks and the output is "FAIL",
we’d want to be alerted to that status change. Is that perhaps possible?

Kind regards,
Raz