[Xymon] combine status and data in same column with graph

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:20:20 CET 2013

Hi All,

I sent some text to status channel and some NCVs to the data channel for
same test/columnname.

So on the same script I have the followings

$XYMON $XYMSRV "status $MACHINE.$COLUMN $COLOR `date`

      ${MSG}
      "
$XYMON $XYMSRV "data $MACHINE.$COLUMN

  foo: 1
  bar: 2
"

Then I placed the columnname=ncv in TEST2RRD and restarted xymon

rrdtool dump $COLUMN.rrd shows all the text from status msgs in it, yikes!

How do I tell xymon to look at only the data channel for the rrds and
leave the status channel alone for this test/columnname?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu