[Xymon] nginx as the web server

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Tue Nov 12 19:53:12 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 12:27, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using nginx instead of apache with xymon.
> I set it up using the link
> http://timedoctor.org/2010/09/setting-up-xymonhobbit-with-nginx/
>
> I am using nginx with xymon_4.3.12_amd64.deb from sourceforge.
>
> To make the cgi links work I needed to create symlinks as the link above
> suggested.
>
> /usr/lib/xymon/xymon-cgi -> /usr/lib/xymon/cgi-bin
> /usr/lib/xymon/xymon-seccgi -> /usr/lib/xymon/cgi-secure
>
> Is that how everyone using it with nginx?
>
> Please advise.

I wrote that article a long time ago. Looks like my friend updated his
blog to have a rather annoying theme :-)

I can't comment further as I needed to bring up Xymon on a test box and
I didn't want to use Apache. That seemed to work at the time. Scanning
the config again it doesn't seem completely out of place, but that
symlink solution was a hack that probably could have been avoided.