[Xymon] how xymon checks the file updates

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Nov 1 00:33:47 CET 2013

Every 30 seconds, Xymon (xymonlaunch, xymond, or whatever) will check the
timestamp (the mtime) of each configuration file relevant to the process.
 If the file is newer than the last time it was looked at, or if the size
of the file has changed since the last time, or if the file has been
removed, then the process will reload (I think) all of its configuration
files.

I'm pretty sure there are some exceptions to this.  For example, I think
changes to xymonserver.cfg will not be activated until the running
processes that depend on settings in that file are re-launched.