[Xymon] XYMONSERVERS bug

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue May 28 02:28:00 CEST 2013

I don't know what it would take to run the transmit in parallel.  In some
cases a response comes back from one of the servers, as mentioned in the
comments:

        /*
         * Even though this is the "sendtomany" routine, we need to decide
if the
         * request should go to all servers, or just a single server. The
default
         * is to send to all servers - but commands that trigger a response
can
         * only go to a single server.
         *
         * "schedule" is special - when scheduling an action there is no
response, but
         * when it is the blank "schedule" command there will be a
response. So a
         * schedule action goes to all Xymon servers, the blank "schedule"
goes to a single
         * server.
         */

Perhaps the feature request should be: try each server once, then move on
to the next.  Take out of the list any server that responds. Run through
the list N times as long as there are servers still in the list.

Ralph Mitchell