[Xymon] bbwincmd.exe status+[time] does not seem to work as intended?

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu May 23 13:03:22 CEST 2013

> bbwincmd.exe [xymon server] status+2m [hostname] alive green "Last
> signal
> received at %time% on %date%"
>
> This does send a green status every minute, but when I manually stop
> the
> script from being executed, the status becomes grey instead of
> purple.

It should go purple, unless you have the host configured with the
"dialup" keyword in hosts.cfg, or if you are ping'ing it and the "conn"
status is red. If the latter case, then you can add "noclear" in
hosts.cfg:

        noclear
               Controls whether stale status messages go purple or clear
when a
               host is down. Normally, when a host is down the client
statuses
               ("cpu",  "disk",  "memory"  etc) will stop updating -
this would
               usually make them go "purple" which can trigger alerts.
To avoid
               that, Xymon checks if the "conn" test has failed, and if
that is
               true then the other tests will go "clear" instead of
purple  so
               you  only  get  alerts  for  the "conn" test. If you do
want the
               stale statuses to go purple, you can use the  "noclear"
tag  to
               override this behaviour.