[Xymon] BBWincmd

Scott Post sjpostsr at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:21:02 CEST 2013

I have verified that the hostnames match from the hosts.cfg on the Xymon
server.

Here is the first 10 lines of the msg.<hostname>.txt from the BBWin client
(Client Data show available)

client <hostname>.bbwin win32
[osversion]
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
[cpu]
up: 8 days, 2 users, 55 procs, load=13%

CPU states:
     total  13%
     cpu00  12.7%

Here is the first ten lines from the msg.<hostname>.txt that does not
report to Xymon.

client <hostname>.bbwin win32
[osversion]
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard EditionService Pack 2 (build
3790) 32-bit
[cpu]
up: 2 Days, 7 users, 89 processes, load=51%

CPU states:
    total    51%
    cpu00    31%
    cpu01    56%

I wrote a vbscript that captured the StdOut from the BBWinCmd.exe.
Here is what I was getting:
===Begin Output====
bbdisplay defined to : <xymon server>
port defined to : 1984
Sending data ...

hostname defined to:  <hostname>  'Note: correct hostname displayed.

Sending to <xymon server> :
data <hostname>.Collector
client

====End of Output====
and the script would exit.

After your comment about "Client data should come in as a client message
rather than data or status."  I went back and executed bbwincmd as :
bbwincmd <xymonserver>:<port> uploadmessage msg.<hostname>.txt. and the
xymon server is not showing the Client Data available.

Thank you.