[Xymon] xymon alert email

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Mar 18 23:36:29 CET 2013

On 19 March 2013 07:06, Poppy, Ben <poppy.ben at marshfieldclinic.org> wrote:

> I recently moved one of my xymon servers from a CentOS 5 to CentOS 6.4
> server. I have 1 alert configured to email me the details of any alert that
> is alerting longer than 30 minutes, and when it recovers. Before, on the
> CentOS 5 server, it would work as normal and the alert was in the body of
> the message. Now that it's on CentOS 6.4, it's having the alert in an
> attachment, and nothing in the body.

Yeah, it's the treatment of carriage-returns by the mail client.  You could
see if "mutt" is available and use that instead of the default "mail"
binary, or set MAIL to be a pipeline using "tr" to strip out carriage
returns.  Example shown here:

  http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2012-December/036286.html