[Xymon] Windows text logs

Scot Kreienkamp SKreien at la-z-boy.com
Thu Mar 14 14:40:09 CET 2013

Thanks for the reply David, that got me half way there.  The examples I saw for Windows did not have the :20480 on the end, so that was why BBWin wasn't understanding.  Strange that it didn't log a problem with that line.  Now it's sending the data back, which is revealing another problem.  I'm monitoring the JK connector logs for problems under windows, and by default they have […] entries in them, which seems to be messing up Xymon's understanding of them as log entries.

This is from the msg.txt file on the BBWin client:
[msgs:C:\JK\logs\isapi_redirect.log]
[Thu Mar 14 09:34:14.399 2013] [1968:3332] [info] jk_isapi_plugin.c (1783): isapi_redirect/1.2.26 initialized
[Thu Mar 14 09:34:14.399 2013] [1968:2840] [info] jk_isapi_plugin.c (1783): isapi_redirect/1.2.26 initialized

So it is sending the data to Xymon.  But when I go to the msgs screen in Xymon it shows no entries for that logfile.  I have no idea if you can change the logfile format, looking into that now.  If you or anyone has any further words of wisdom I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks David!

Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Incorporated
1284 N. Telegraph Rd. | Monroe, MI 48162 | scot.kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com<mailto:scot.kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com> | www.la-z-boy.com<http://www.la-z-boy.com/>