[Xymon] regular expressions in analysis.cfg

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Wed Mar 6 23:49:37 CET 2013

> Well, no. This is not illogical, just not familiar to you, that's all. We're not dealing with a shell script, but a highly-specific configuration file.

I agree, it is logical (in its own twisted way ;-). I assume the whole parameter is grabbed as a block and parsed afterwards. I remember some unusual parsing with big brother because of it operating out of the shell environment, perhaps this has grown out of that....

> The quoting is consistent across Xymon configuration files.

Well not in this case, eg in analysis.cfg:
    DISK    "/yada bing bong" 90 95
it isn't "DISK /yada bing bong". Same in hosts.cfg:
	 0.0.0.0  whatever.com.au   # NAME:"What Ever"
not: "NAME:What Ever".

thanks for your help and your work with xymon. It is a great system.

cheers, Phil