[Xymon] cpu utilization graph under cpu column

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jun 14 11:13:28 CEST 2013

On 14 June 2013 15:43, deepak deore <deepakdeore2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We get the cpu load graph but how can we add cpu utilization graph as well
> under cpu column ?

So you want both [la] and [la1] to show for the "cpu" test.  Not possible
as far as I know.

You can add both graphs to the trends page by specifying both in TRENDS in
hosts.cfg.  For example:

10.1.2.3 name.of.host # conn smtp TRENDS:*,cpu:la|la1

This tells Xymon to show not only the [la] graph for CPU, but the [la1]
graph as well - on the trends page.  I think you specify this as "cpu", but
perhaps "la" instead - not sure.

You can change what graph displays on the cpu page by changing the
definition in graphs.cfg, perhaps by swapping the names [la] and [la1].

If you want both load average and utilisation on the same graph, you can
define a new graph that contains both the load average and the utilisation
on the same graph.  I think the [vmstat2] graph definition does this.

So for example, you could rename [la] as [laold] and rename or copy
[vmstat2] as [la].

Cheers
Jeremy