[Xymon] IGNORE ignored

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Jun 4 07:38:23 CEST 2013

On 4 June 2013 09:35, Phil Crooker <Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au> wrote:

> I've found the quotes to be problematic. Try escaping each space, or
> truncating the string:

I've not used escaping of spaces in this way.  But I have used quotes that
include the IGNORE= part like so:

LOG=/var/adm/messages "IGNORE=terminal-device not specifiedby login"

> LOG=/var/adm/messages IGNORE=terminal-device.*login

This won't work because you are using a regular expression match format
".*" but not specifying that it's a regular expression with a leading
percent.  This might be what you mean:

LOG=/var/adm/messages IGNORE=%terminal-device.*login

Or, you can replace spaces with the regex whitespace, like so:

LOG=/var/adm/messages IGNORE=%terminal-device\snot\sspecifiedby\slogin

IMHO, the neatest is to enclose the whole "IGNORE=matchstring" in quotes.