[Xymon] Monitoring process with regex - fails with 4.3.12

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 18:20:12 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have just upgraded some client servers from Xymon 4.3.10 to 4.3.12.
Two clients now continuously report that a specific process (clamd) is
not running. (I have checked both servers and the process is running.)

In the monitoring server analysis.cfg file I have (for both clients):

	PROC    "% clamd$" TEXT=clamd

This worked fine for 4.3.10, but now seems to fail. We have some other
process strings containing 'clamd', so we had to use the above to ensure
that we were just monitoring the main 'clamd' process.

However, the 4.3.12 'Changes' file does mention:

	* Linux clients now align "ps" output so it is more readable.

I'm not sure if that is relevant. I'll see if I can test things a bit
further to see what is happening.

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001