[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.12 released

Mike Burger Mike.Burger at FreedomMortgage.com
Fri Jul 26 22:34:07 CEST 2013

I've used them...but his site also says that they're "not official rpms" so I wasn't sure if there was a more "official" method.

I thought I'd tried to run rpmbuild against the tarballs, before, and received a message back that no spec file could be found.

However, if JC is pretty much maintaining, I'm good with that, too.

Thanks.

--
Mike Burger
AIX Administrator

Phone (317) 537-3680, Fax (317) 537-4680, Cell (317) 797-2040
E-mail:  Mike.Burger at FreedomMortgage.com

From noon on August 3rd thru noon on August 4, I'll be participating in a 24 hour cycling relay to benefit the CASAs for Kids fund. If you'd care to donate, please click here.

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Henrik Størner
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 3:55 PM
To: Mike Burger
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Xymon 4.3.12 released

Hi,

On 26-07-2013 15:55, Mike Burger wrote:
> Good morning, Henrik.
>
> I was wondering if you would consider including a spec file in the
> tarball, so that those of us running RPM based distro's (RHEL, CentOS,
> etc) could use rpmbuild to build RPMs for our systems.

You mean, like the one in "rpm/xymon.spec" ?

Seriously - although there is a spec file in the tar-ball, my knowledge of RPM-building is very outdated (I stopped using rpm-based distro's several years ago). So I prefer to let others handle the task of building Xymon RPM's. jc maintains a set of Xymon RPM's over at http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon/ and from what I hear they are quite good.