[Xymon] XyMon 4.3.12 - what about HTTPS problems repoirted for 4.3.11 ?

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 25 12:07:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

all indications are that this is an OpenSSL library problem (present in
OpenSSL 1.x, but not in the older 0.9.x versions).

Debian has this bug report:

SuSE has this:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2013-05/msg01048.html

It appears that the problem only shows up when testing sites with
specific SSL implementations; e.g. I've seen it when connecting to some
IIS versions.

Apparently, a work-around is to force the use of SSLv3 instead of
TLSv1; you can do that by changing the URL in hosts.cfg so it has
"https3" instead of just "https".