[Xymon] Definitive guide for BBWin central mode?

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Tue Jul 16 21:53:17 CEST 2013

On 7/16/2013 1:48 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Is there a definitive guide for how to configure BBWin central mode, in
> particular the msgs part?  I'd like to know what can be specified, how
> to configure multiple ignore entries, how to configure host-specific
> sections and the win32 section, and what limitations currently exist
> with the 0.13 version.
>
> The documentation link on the BBWin page is invalid as it refers to a
> man page that predates the full name change.  The man pages currently
> found in Xymon and the various things that I can find with Google seem
> to all contradict each other as far as how to actually configure
> analysis.cfg and other server-side config files.

Also, if any of the newer windows client replacements are mature enough
to actually use (and have decent documentation), please point me in that
direction.  BBWin development seems to have completely stalled, and last
time I went looking for a replacement, none of the other projects I
found were even ready for alpha, much less production.

I have a lot of Windows clients in BBWin local mode, but I am doing my
central mode experimentation on Server 2008 R2, which is only available
in a 64-bit flavor.

Thanks,
Shawn