[Xymon] xymon push notifications?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Jul 15 03:21:30 CEST 2013

On 14 July 2013 01:19, Mark Felder <feld at feld.me> wrote:

> Does anyone happen to have a script that can take xymon alerts and push
> them to an android phone via Google's Cloud to Device push
> notifications?

I've heard good things about Pushover.net.  It's a non-free app (Android
and iPhone) but it's really easy to integrate into whatever you need using
simple webby tools like curl - or any tool or language that supports post
requests.  I haven't tried it myself, but it looks really easy to use.

This uses their own servers to convert the request into the Googly API.
 I'd prefer to not rely on a third-party for this kind of thing - when they
go bust or when Google restrict the service, you'd have to start over.  But
might be the fastest way to get something up-and-running.