[Xymon] problem with receiving bbwin data

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Thu Jul 11 03:01:31 CEST 2013

Thanks for the reply.

Before continuing, what is supposed to be in logfetch.status? and in clientversion.cfg?

So, I have one server with the msgs.dll out of the config. It has been running for many days with the client updating fine. I redid the xymon client-local.cfg, stopped bbwin, deleted \tmp\clientlocal.cfg and restarted it (as it wouldn't update), the \tmp\clientlocal.cfg now reads what the client-local has:

    eventlog:application:1024
    ignore BigBrotherXymonClient
    eventlog:system:1025
    eventlog:security:10240

I let that run a cycle, it still updates OK. I then put in the msgs.dll statement in BBWin.cfg; that registers and BBWin.log shows:

2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [bbwinupdate]: can't open C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\etc\clientversion.cfg : The system cannot find the file specified.
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [cpu]: cpu review started
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [cpu]: cpu review ended
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [disk]: drive string A:\
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [disk]: drive string C:\
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [disk]: drive string D:\
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [disk]: drive string E:\
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [filesystem]: start AgentFileSystem::InitCentralMode
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [filesystem]: checking file C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\tmp\clientlocal.cfg
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [filesystem]: reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\tmp\clientlocal.cfg
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: start AgentMsgs::InitCentralMode
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: checking file C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\tmp\clientlocal.cfg
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\tmp\clientlocal.cfg
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: will use maxdata size : 1024
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: will ignore : BigBrotherXymonClient
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: will use maxdata size : 1025
2013/07/11 10:42:55 [DEBUG]: [msgs]: will use maxdata size : 10240

and no more updates. The .\tmp\msgs.hostname.txt file is 88MB.

thanks, Phil