[Xymon] Acknowledge multiple alerts not working

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Thu Jul 4 18:46:25 CEST 2013

On 07/04/13 05:54, Dirk Kastens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed xymon-4.3.11-10.el6.x86_64 from the Terabithia server on
> RedHat EL6.
> The acknowledgement of multiple alerts is not working correctly. That means,
> that the selection of hours and days is not working.
>
> When I acknowledge a single alert and I select a period of 3 hours, this is
> correctly stored as 180 minutes in the acknowledge.log. But when I select
> multiple alerts with the checkboxes, all numbers are interpreted as minutes,
> no matter if I select hours or days.
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk, I am using Xymon 4.3.10 on Gentoo Linux, and can corroborate your
experience.

I have 4 tests red currently. My Ack page form is like so:

HOST    Test     Duration    Cause        Ack Multiple
host1   conn     1 min       testing      checked
host2   conn     2 hours     testing      checked
host3   conn     3 days      testing      checked
host4   sslcert  empty       empty        checked

Global ack line:
                 40 hours  Testing Global ACK      ---> click Send

acknowledge.log (stripped to prevent wrapping)

timestamp    duration    Host
------------------------------
1372954556          1    Host1
1372954556          2    Host2
1372954556          3    Host3
1372954556         40    Host4

So that kind of verifies that as you stated, but in my case all acks in a
multiple ack are treated as seconds regardless of the dropdown (mins, hours,
days) selected.

But wait, there is more...  :)

If I click the back button in the browser, and then just click the multiple
ack send button without making any changes to the ack page fields the
acknowledge.log shows the following:

timestamp    duration    Host
------------------------------
1372954603         60    Host1
1372954603        120    Host2
1372954603        180    Host3
1372954603       2400    Host4

So it appears to be broken, but in a way that is strange... First attempt
seems to treat all durations as seconds, all subsequent resend of same
settings seems to treat all durations as minutes.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC