[Xymon] USB sms modem for Xymon 4.3.10 running on Centos 5.8 64 bit

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jan 31 05:30:04 CET 2013

On 30 January 2013 18:12, Carl Inglis <Carl.Inglis at rakon.com> wrote:

>  Don’t know if it’s any use to you – but I use a standard modem (on our
> UPS), down a standard POTS line, to talk to an SMS gateway.****
>
> The software is called “SMS_CLIENT”; I don’t have a download link to hand
> but I think I still have the tar-ball.

OMG, that's a blast from the past!  Last updated more than a decade ago - I
thought the source code would have been lost, but found it at:
http://smsclient.sourcearchive.com/

I moved on from dial-up modems a looooong time go, replacing with Gnokii
and GSM/3G mobile phones.  These have the advantage that they don't require
the POTS to be working, which might be a problem if a PBX circuit fails.
 Also, a 3G phone is probably cheaper than a USB modem.