[Xymon] Problem disabling large groups of hosts

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Jan 29 22:42:48 CET 2013

> I'm having a problem trying to disable over 1000+ hosts and tests at one
> time for maintenance windows. I've even tried disabling in groups of
> 100-200 but it will still miss a group of servers here and there. It seems
> that when I click "apply" and once the screen refreshes could possibly
> stop running the enadis.sh/cgi script in the background (??)
>
> Is there a way to debug this or modify the refresh time/interval?
>
> The reason we want to disable all these hosts/tests for maintenance
> windows is to keep SLA during the reboots and service outages for patching
> etc.. Does anyone have other recommendations or suggest using REPORTTIME
> globally instead?

Possibly adding --debug to cgioptions under ~xymon/server/etc/ might give
you some additional info... Sadly, it could be httpd closing the
connection :/

If you're doing that many, I might suggest simply generating a series of
disable/enable commands and just piping them in via the xymon CLI.

There's also the 'schedule' option too.

Regards,

-jc