[Xymon] TS - Other web pages and cgi scripts ?

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Fri Jan 25 20:54:08 CET 2013

I have multiple custom web pages on 4.3.0.0-beta2.

The .html files are in the /var/www/html directory

The associated cgi-bin files are in /var/www/cgi-bin/kw/xymon directory
or /var/www/cgi-bin directory

If I place a simple test web page env.html that just lists the
environment variables that apache know about in my new Xymon 4.3.10
server,

I cannot get the screen to come up.

If I place the web page in:  /home/xymon/server/www directory, (linked
it) the screen will come up just fine.

But the env.sh and proccgi.c files are not available to the script so
the interaction will not work.

'proccgi.c' program is called in the env.sh script and it gathers the
POST variables and passed them to your script env.sh as FORM_variable1
... FORM_variable2, etc.

If I place the cgi-bin program and script in the /home/xymon/cgi-bin
directory, the web page cannot find the cgi script env.sh.

Is there a way to modify the httpd.conf to allow it to see both
locations for web pages and for cgi-bin script?

This has brought my porting of the system to a halt!  :=(

All assistance is greatly appreciated!

I know that there must be some simple way to modify the apache configs
files to allow this to happen, but I have not found it yet.

If anyone wants to try the simple script, I can send them:    env.html
env.sh and proccgi.c

I use this simple script for testing first.

It works just fine on my older Xymon servers and my Asterisk VoIP (PiaF)
servers, etc.  All are CentOS servers.

I have even use it to test PBX-in-a-Flash(PiaF) VoIP Servers on the
Raspberry Pi with success.

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D