[Xymon] NCV RRD graphing for JSON values

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 11:55:51 CET 2013

I was hoping that Xymon's NCV parsing would understand JSON as the tutorial
@ http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/howtograph.html does not specify that the
NCVs need to be on seperate lines (although I subsequently found that "man
xymond_rrd" does).  It's a shame because a lot of data is presented as JSON
these days.  For example, I have this test, which returns this:
http://URLremoved/ - Testing URL <http://192.168.4.135:8080/tracker/co.do>
yields:

{ u:1391595, rc:3517, asc:1628, usc:2154}
I am using SPLITNCV and it just creates a testname,_u.rrd file.

I doubt it would involve a huge diff to get /xymond/rrd/do_ncv.c to
understand this format.  I also doubt that it is currently within my level
of C programming proficiency though unfortunately.

Kind regards,

SebA