[Xymon] syntax for analysis/alerts

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Jan 14 16:50:25 CET 2013

> I'm trying to get alerts working for a group of servers that have *soldb*
> in the server name but I can't seem to figure out the right syntax.  Can
> anyone give me a hand with a *whatever* syntax?  What I have at the moment
> is  LOAD    70 100 HOST=%^/soldb*/ , and it isn't working.

Hello, Elizabeth.

If "soldb" is not at the beginning of the hostname, then:

%.*soldb.* may work for you.

Another option might be to set up a page with all of those servers
contained in it, and then alert on the page, instead.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1