[Xymon] What determines displayed columns?

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Fri Jan 11 21:16:49 CET 2013

The tags you place after the host tell xymon which tags are relevant for
that host, this is how xymon knows to run tests for those hosts.  The
tags have no impact on which column heading appear.

Xymon generates columns for EVERYTHING unless you tell it not too.  If
you don't want all those columns showing up, you need to tell Xymon this
using the "group-only" or "group-except" designation.  If I'm
understanding you correctly, your hosts.cfg file should look like:

group-only bbd|conn|http|mem|procs|disk|ssh|ntp
1.2.3.4 dwru002   #bbd ssh ntp ENV:winall,2 ENV:global,2 ENV:vlan,12
http://dwru002
1.2.3.4 Surprise #bbd ssh ntp ENV:winall,2 ENV:global,2 ENV:vlan,12
http://dwru002

Michael Beatty