[Xymon] Log/file monitoring based on occurrence?

Thu Jan 10 14:30:44 CET 2013

On 11/01/13 00:19, Mike Burger wrote:
> That's what I figured, after having looked at the analysis.cfg man page
> multiple times.
>
> If I want to do this, then, I'm going to have to script something to
> analyze X amount of time and do something if it sees occurrences>=Y and
> then feed that to Xymon somehow.
>
> Thanks.
You might be able to use something like fail2ban, and configure it to
simply add some text to a logfile instead of adding a iptables entry....
Then let xymon monitor this fail2ban logfile....

Possibly overkill, but just thought I'd mention it... better to re-use
something that already exists...

Regards,
Adam

--