[Xymon] weird problem.

Neil Simmonds Neil.Simmonds at express-gifts.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 09:47:14 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've got a strange problem that I'm trying to diagnose and would
appreciate any help you can give.

We have 2 new servers that have recently been set up that are Aix
servers running the hobbit client. We have 62 other Aix server with the
same client running absolutely fine.

The problem is that the client data is getting cut off mid stream. It's
always in the ps output. I've checked the MAX settings and there all ok,
in fact we have other clients that are sending data files larger than
these that are working fine. I've checked the data on the client and
it's complete but if I look in /xymon/data/hostdata on the server the
data seems to be almost always getting truncated to 69518 bytes.
Occasionally a full message (approx 93k) gets through.

There are no messages regarding truncated data in the server logs and
the only message I can find on the client is the following,

2013-02-26 08:41:21 Write error while sending message to
bbd at xymonserver:1984

2013-02-26 08:41:21 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - write error

I've googled this extensively and can't find anything that seems
relevant to our problem.

Regards,

Neil Simmonds

Senior Operations Analyst (Operations Support Group)
Express Gifts Limited

Express House

Clayton Business Park

Accrington

Lancashire

BB5 5JY
T: 01254 303092 | E: neil.simmonds at Express-Gifts.co.uk

Name & Registered Office: EXPRESS GIFTS LIMITED, 2 GREGORY ST, HYDE, CHESHIRE, ENGLAND, SK14 4TH, Company No. 00718151.
Express Gifts Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
--------------
NOTE:  This email and any information contained within or attached in a separate file is confidential and intended solely for the
Individual to whom it is addressed. The information or data included is solely for the purpose indicated or previously agreed. Any
information or data included with this e-mail remains the property of Findel PLC and the recipient will refrain from utilising the
information for any purpose other than that indicated and upon request will destroy the information and remove it from their records.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Findel PLC. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this
e-mail and any attachments.  No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it. Findel Plc reserves the right to monitor
all e-mail communications through its internal and external networks. If you have received this email in error please notify our IT
helpdesk on +44(0) 1254 303030