[Xymon] QNAP

Joseph De Nicolo denicoloj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:30:06 CET 2013

Xymon Users & Admins,

Are there any xymon custom scripts / monitors for monitoring QNAP systems?
My QNAP system is behind a private switch so I have two options:

1. Install an xymon client + any custom services scripts on the QNAP
itself. (I'm not sure if this is possible as I am fairly new to QNAP
systems)
or
2. Install a QNAP custom xymon script / monitor on an existing xymon
client(which has 1 NIC connected to the private network for qnap services
and 1 NIC on the regular subnet which can communicate with the xymon
server) that will run the script to probe the QNAP and then relay the
results to the xymon server.

If there is no such monitor for QNAP systems, I can settle for a NFS
monitor since this is probably the most important service I run on the QNAP.

Thanks for any help or input.
*Joseph De Nicolo*
*Secure Database Administrator
*