[Xymon] Alternative to conn test - check for any incoming data from client?

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Wed Feb 6 13:52:12 CET 2013

You could write a simple "I'm Alive" client side script and schedule
client launch to run the script every minute with a 2 minute lifetime.
The only thing the sends a green status.  If xymon doesn't get a green
status for 2 mintues, it will display purple.

ie.

xymon 1.2.3.4 "status+2m hostname.alive green I'm Alive"

Michael Beatty
Sherwin-Williams
IT Analyst/Developer
michael.beatty at sherwin.com