[Xymon] SSL Error

David Hay-Currie dhaycurrie at leisurefitness.com
Wed Feb 6 00:34:46 CET 2013

This is another problem I am having checking some remote sites.
When checking the https I get a SSL Error.
I tried doing curl -I https:hosttocheck:8080
And I get
curl: (35) error:14077417:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert illegal parameter
I am guessing that it might be that the SSL level is not 3? These are tomato firmware Linksys routers.
If I try to do curl -sslv2 hosttocheck:8080 I get an error that OpenSSL was built without SSLv2 support.
If I add SSLv2  to OpenSSL will the checks work? How would I go about using apt to do this in Ubuntu 12.04? I try not to build anything from source to make it easier to keep up to date, and so that the apt check do not fail.

David Hay-Currie
IT Manager
Leisure Fitness Equipment LLC
231 Executive Dr. Suite 15