[Xymon] network traffic monitoring

W.J.M. Nelis Wim.Nelis at nlr.nl
Fri Dec 6 10:20:43 CET 2013

Hello,

> Does anyone have an easy installation guide for devmon on Ubuntu?  I
> installed it and got the SNMP_Session perl stuff installed, but I'm not
> adept enough at linux or perl to get devmon to start for some reason.
>  It's got a start script prebuilt for RedHat but that doesn't work for me
> and I don't know which paths to edit to make it work.  Even if I do get
> it running it looks like I'll need some advanced configs with OID's that
> I have no idea about.  Devmon was suggested by previous posts so I
> thought I'd give it a shot.  MRTG seems way easier than this and doesn't
> require OID's.  Should I just go back to that?

Included with Devmon is a rather large set of templates, one template for
one type of device. Do you have them installed / available as well?

Regards,
   Wim Nelis.

The NLR disclaimer is valid for NLR e-mail messages.

This message is only meant for providing information. Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual
or legal commitment on the part of the sender.
This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this
message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message.
Sender accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic
transmission of messages.