[Xymon] network traffic monitoring

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Dec 4 14:06:28 CET 2013

> How do I add SNMP network traffic graphs into xymon?  Back in the old days
> with BB I used MRTG but I haven't had much luck getting it to work with
> xymon for some reason.  Is there a built in traffic monitor in xymon?  I'm
> not seeing it in any man pages or google searches.

Kris:

Graphs for network traffic are already in place in the trends section.

Toward the bottom of that page, you should see two graphs...one for
"TCP/IP statistics" (packets per second) and one for "Network Traffic"
(kilo/megabits per second). Both have the same drill-down options as any
other graph on that page.

Will these suffice?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1