[Xymon] Serial alarm feeds

Kevin King kc6ovd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 00:52:12 CEST 2013

Ok I got it to post!.... now for the reason, or what I did to make it work.

Jeremy, I was using your example of hostname.eagle eagle,  that was the
problem. I changed it to sunos and it posted fine. I did make an entry in
local config for eagle and it would build the config file correctly so I
thought I was good to go.

Looks like some deeper work is needed to support custom clients.

With this I might go back and try your first script suggestion to see if it
will work with sunos replacing eagle..

Wait I have a very dim light bulb flashing above my head.. the host I am
running this on is sun, so maybe somewhere it is checking a uname -a that I
overlooked.  So it might be a local issue, see I came back to that. J

This was fun and I can see this working with your xymon remote client to
process the log files.

Now to dig a bit deeper to see what has to be done to create an eagle
hostclass and ostype

-Kevin