[Xymon] is depends broken?

Troy Adams troy at athabascau.ca
Thu Aug 22 19:26:22 CEST 2013

Galen,

I should have also stated that google was up for the entire period (no flapping).

Josh,

I take it, you mean replace my previous configuration where it said:
depends=(http: google.com/http )
and make it:
route:google.com
so it ends up as:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX www # trace http://www route:google.com

I tried that and when I block both hosts google/icmp,http and www:http with iptables they both show red, I was expecting www:http to show clear to get the same functionality as "depends".

Any thoughts?

cheers,

Troy