[Xymon] xymonfetch

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Wed Aug 21 17:07:53 CEST 2013

Hey,

I need to set up some clients to use xymonfetch and the man page isn't exactly clear.

--server=XYMON.SERVER.IP
Defines the IP address of the Xymon server where the collected client messages are forwarded to. By default, messages are sent to the loopback address 127.0.0.1, i.e. to a Xymon server running on the same host as xymonfetch.

This implies that I need to have a server instance running...or am I misunderstanding what it's saying?  Has anyone done this and could provide a some guidance?

thx

=G=